Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole04:20
- 5 large russet potatoes
- 1 C. shredded cheddar cheese
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 C. milk
- 1 T. chives
- 4 T. butter
- 3 T. sour cream (you can use more if you like)
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1/4 C. French fried onions
- Boil potatoes until fork tender. Drain and mash using a potato masher or mixer. Stir in butter, chives, half of the cheese, sour cream, milk, salt & pepper and half of the crumbled bacon.
- Spoon into a lightly greased casserole dish and bake for twenty minutes at 350 degrees. Remove and top with remaining cheese, bacon and the fried onions. Return to the oven for an extra ten minutes, or until the onions are lightly browned.