Deep-Fried Cheesecake-Stuffed Strawberries04:54
- 1 lb strawberries, generously hulled
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp confectioner’s sugar, plus more to dust
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1cup self-rising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz. beer
- oil to fry
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 c. confectioner’s sugar and vanilla extract with a hand mixer until smooth, and pipe into hollows left from hulling the strawberries.
- Refrigerate for an hour or more. (You could also stick them in the freezer for fifteen TO twenty minutes, but don’t forget them in there!)
- In another bowl, combine self-rising flour, 1 tbsp. confectioner’s sugar and one half (6 oz.) of a can or bottle of beer, whisking together until smooth.
- Heat oil in a deep fryer, or several inches of oil in a deep pan on the stove, to 350°F. Coat each stuffed berry well with the beer batter before dropping into the hot oil, and cook until just lightly golden brown.