Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken05:13
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 slices reduced-fat provolone cheese, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon rotisserie chicken seasoning
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the spinach, mushrooms, onions and pecans in oil until mushrooms are tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- 2. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for four TO five minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 4. Top with cheese. Cover and grill two TO three minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, top each chicken breast with reserved spinach mixture. Yield: 4 servings.