Cream Cheese Pound Cake04:12
- 1 C. margarine, softened
- 1- 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 C. butter, softened
- 3 C. sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 C. sifted cake flour
- 1 T. vanilla (or other extract of your choice)
- Combine margarine, butter and cream cheese, creaming well. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour to creamed mixture, stirring until combined. Stir in extract (I like half vanilla and half lemon).
- Pour batter into a well-greased 10" tube pan. Bake until tests done at 325 degrees for 1 hour and thirty minutes . Cool in pan fifteen to twenty minutes; remove from pan and cool completely. Rich and moist with a fine texture.