OLD FASHIONED BEEF STEW07:53
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups water
- 2 pounds cubed beef stew meat
- 2 cups beef broth
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped turnip (optional)
- 1 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes (optional) I love tomato so I add it.
- Heat oil in large pot. Add beef and flour, stirring to coat beef; brown.
- Add water, broth, salt, and pepper. Heat to boiling; reduce heat, and simmer FOR 60 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots (or turnips), and rosemary. Simmer 1-2 hours.
- Add corn, green beans, and simmer for half-hour longer.