Crescent Roll Danishes!07:05
- 1 8 oz package of Cream Cheese
- 2 cans Crescent Rolls
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 (or more) tbsp of your favorite fruit preserve (my recipe follows)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tsp milk (I used about a tablespoon or 2 with about 1 c of powdered sugar)
- 1/2-1 c powdered sugar (depending on how runny you like your glaze)
- -In a small bowl, blend Cream Cheese, sugar and lemon juice.
- -Roll out crescent dough, one can at a time, and cut into 4 rectangles. If you have the "seamed" kind, roll it into a flat rectangle before you cut.
- -Spread rectangles of dough with about 3 tbsp of the cream cheese mixture.
- -Starting at long side, gently roll and twist at the same time until the roll is about 10 inches long. Coil loosely into spirals with seam inside. Seal ends
- -There should be an indentation in the middle of the coil, but use your thumb to make it slightly larger and fill with half a tablespoon or so of preserves (we like lots of filling).
- -Arrange on parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for about twenty-five to half-hour (until deep golden brown)