Banana Creme Pie.03:54
- 1 (9 inch) pie crust, baked (I love Graham Crust)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 bananas
- -If using graham crust, brush with egg white and bake at 350 for six minutes or until golden.
- -In a large saucepan, heat the milk.
- - In a glass bowl, mix the sugar, flour and salt; gradually stir in the hot milk.
- -stirring constantly, cook until thickened.
- - In a small bowl, have the 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten, ready; stir a small amount of the hot mixture into beaten yolks; when thoroughly combined, stir yolks into hot mixture.
- -Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- -Remove from heat and blend in the butter and vanilla.
- - Let sit ten mins.
- -When ready to pour, slice bananas and scatter in pie shell; pour warm mixture over bananas.
- - Let cool
- -Top with sweetened whipped cream and toasted coconut.
- Refrigerate 4 hours before serving. ~~~ Enjoy!!