Homemade Lemon Pudding Cake04:03
- 1 package of jello lemon pie filling (small packet, equals 2 cups or 4 servings)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups of white granulated sugar
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- ? cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour a standard Bundt pan.(the 12 cup capacity)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt then set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.Add in the lemon pie filling mix and combine thoroughly.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each is thoroughly incorporated.
- Mix in the lemon zest.
- Combine the milk, oil and vanilla extract in a large measuring cup or bowl.
- Starting with the dry ingredients, alternate pouring a third of the wet and dry ingredients into the bowl, incorporating thoroughly after each addition. You will end on the wet ingredients. Mix on medium speed for two minutes after the last addition.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared Bundt pan and bake for fifty to sixty minutes, or until a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Invert the cake onto a baking rack to cool.
- Frost with Lemon Buttercream Icing when the cake has completely cooled and sprinkle lemon zest over the icing if wanted.