Bacon Pineapple Rings08:45
- 16-24 slices of bacon
- 8 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- 1 can of sliced pineapple rings (need 8 rings)
- 2-3 large sweet yellow onion, cut into 1/3 inch rings
- -Peel and cut the large onion into 1/3 inch slices.
- -Open the can of pineapple slices, drain the juice and set aside 8 slices.
- -Match the onion rings to the size of the pineapple slices—choose rings that have more of a bowl shape to help hold the string cheese in place.
- -Tear Mozzarella string cheese in half
- -Place one half of the mozzarella in the onion ring and cut the other half to fill in the remaining gap. Place the cut piece filling in the gap.
- -Stack the mozzarella lined onion ring on the pineapple and start wrapping with bacon slices. Use two to three slices of bacon per ring. Just take it slow and keep it all in place and it will eventually wrap—sometimes it takes some re-positioning or re-stuffing of string cheese into ring.
- -Once all wrapped, sprinkle on some seasonings to your liking.
- -Start up your grill of choice (or oven) and cook indirect at 400F for half-hour.
- -Serve with whatever sauce you like.