Cajun-Style Grill Foil Packets08:34
- 8-12 pieces of corn on the cob (4 full cobs cut in half or in thirds)
- 20-30 uncooked shrimp (peeled or not, it's up to you)
- 1 Lb. smoked sausage, cut into chunks
- 4 red potatoes, washed and cubed
- melted butter (or olive oil), to taste
- Cajun/Creole seasoning (we like to use Tony Chachere's brand), to taste
- 1/2 c. chicken broth (you may not need that much)
- salt and pepper, to taste
(makes 4 grill packets)
- Heat grill to 400-degrees (you can do this in your oven, too, at the same temp.).
- Evenly distribute corn, potatoes, shrimp, and sausage between 4 heavy-duty foil sheets (appx 12x18 inches each).
- Drizzle melted butter and about 2 Tbsp. chicken broth over each foil packet.
- Season evenly (and generously), to taste with Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Tightly seal foil packets by folding up the sides over the contents and tightly folding up the ends over the seam.
- Grill thirty TO forty minutes or until potatoes are tender, flipping once half-way through (be careful opening the packets to check for doneness, the steam inside is VERY hot)!