Upside Down Carrot Tart with Goat Cheese12:49
- 1 lb baby carrots, peeled and halved
- ½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp thyme leaves, finely chopped
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 4 tbsp goat cheese crumbles
- Salt and pepper to taste
- FIRSTLY, Preheat oven to 400ºF. In a pot of boiling salted water, cook carrots for about 4-5 minutes, or until bright orange and slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, combine butter, honey, vinegar, and thyme in a cast iron skillet on medium heat. When the carrots are ready, drain and toss in the skillet. Cook just until a glaze forms.
- secondly; Take it off the heat, arrange the carrots in a single layer, and crumble goat on top. Measure and cut the puff pastry to fit inside of the skillet. Press the pastry on top of the carrots and cheese. Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden.
- finally, Remove from oven and let sit for about 10 minutes. Run a knife along the edges to loosen, and invert the tart onto a plate. Slice and serve!