homemade oatmeal cream pies03:44
- 1 1/4 cups butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Cream Filling
- 3 cups uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°.
- 2. Beat butter and sugars at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, beating well.
- 3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well. Add oats; stir well. Add to butter mixture; stir until well blended. Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375° for ten minutes. Cool on pan two to three minutes. Remove cookies from pan; cool on wire racks.
- 4. Spread 1 tablespoon Cream Filling over each bottom side of half of cookies; top with remaining cookies, right side up.