- 1 lb. Italian sausages (use spicy to get that signature Olive Garden flavor)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4-6 russet potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 c. REAL bacon pieces (optional)
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves)
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 c. kale or Swiss chard, chopped
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1. Brown sausage links in a sauté pan.
- 2. Cut links in half lengthwise, then cut slices.
- 3. Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
- 4. Cook on high three TO four hours (low five TO six hours) until potatoes are soft.
- 30 minutes before serving:
- 5. Mix flour into cream removing lumps.
- 6. Add cream and kale to the crock pot, stir.
- 7. Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly.
- 8. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
SHARE WITH FRIENDS TO SAVE TO YOUR TIMELINE.