Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup04:46
- 3 cup yellow potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cup milk
- 1 salt to taste
- 1 cup ham diced
- 1 pepper to taste
- Using a medium sized stock pot, boil potatoes until desired tenderness. Reserve 1 cup of water from boiled potatoes then drain.
- In a small frying pan, sauté onion in butter until tender and translucent.
- Add onions, butter and flour to stock pot and stir together over low heat to make a roux (thickener).
- Add potatoes, reserved liquid, milk, cheese and Ham to stock pot and simmer on medium heat thirty TO forty minutes stirring frequently until thickened.
- Serve with cornbread or fresh baked rolls. Garnish with shredded cheese