Blueberry Pound Cake03:18
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- Allow butter and eggs to stand at room temperature for half-hour.
- Meanwhile, grease a 10-inch tube pan; set aside. In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside. In a very large mixing bowl beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until mixture is well combined.
- Beat in eggs. Stir blueberries into flour mixture. By hand, stir blueberry mixture into butter mixture. Stir in milk just until combined. Spread batter in prepared pan.
- Bake in a 325 degrees F oven for sixty to seventy-five minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for fifteen mins. Loosen cake from edge of pan with a narrow metal spatula. Remove cake from pan; cool completely on wire rack.