Beef Tips and Gravy04:02
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef tips
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- Saute beef tips in olive oil until lightly browned. Place in a dutch oven and add water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Cook covered on simmering low heat for about one hour.
- Add sliced onions and cook additional thirty to forty minutes on low heat, being careful to not let all water boil out. (You will need at least 1 1/2 cups of water left as gravy.).
- In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in water and pour into beef mixture. stir well and cook an additional one minute while gravy thickens.
- Serve over rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.