Beef Enchilada Skillet03:13
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 T. minced garlic
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 15.5 oz. red or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 C. salsa
- 2 T. taco seasoning
- 1 10 oz. can red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 C. whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 1/2 - 2 C. chicken broth
- 4 oz. shredded Colby jack cheese
- 8 oz. pasta (I used bowtie, took a lot of broth, I will use egg noddle or elbow next time)
- 1 green onion, sliced
- Brown ground beef in a 10" (with sides and lid) skillet. Drain the beef and add in the onion and sauté for three TO four minutes.
- Add in the garlic, taco seasoning, chili powder, salsa, enchilada sauce, whipping cream and 1 C. broth. Stir well and add the pasta, again stir and then add in the beans. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, covered for twenty minutes or until pasta is cooked.
- You will need to add more broth as you go and the pasta absorbs the liquid. I ended up using a full 2 C. with the bowtie, but the other pastas would probably use less.
- Once the pasta is done, top with the cheese, cover and remove from heat. Allow the cheese to melt and top with the sliced green onion.