Bacon-Wrapped Teriyaki Chicken Skewers03:32
- 1 lb boneless/skinless chicken
- 1 large can pineapple chunks
- 1 package bacon
- Kebab skewers or toothpicks
- Teriyaki sauce/glaze
- The easiest way to put these together is to set up a little Kebab making station. On one plate cut the bacon into thirds. On another plate, put the chicken cubed up into bit-sized pieces. Finally, drain the pineapple and put it into a bowl. Wrap one third slice of bacon around a chunk of chicken and secure the bacon with a skewer. Next, add a slice of pineapple. If you are using toothpicks, you are done. If you have kebab skewers, repeat until the skewer is full of bacon wrapped chicken and pineapple goodness. Lay each skewer on a rimmed cookie sheet or baking dish. After all the chicken chunks have been wrapped like little babies in bacon and skewered, brush with teriyaki sauce.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator for two to four hours.
- Grill each skewer on low heat for about ten mins on each side. (Check them after seven minutes, just to make sure they aren’t burning.) and repeat. Go ahead and get them extra goopy with sauce.
- Baste with extra teriyaki sauce each time you turn them, plus one final baste right before you take them off the grill. (I actually turned them over for about two mins just to cook on that final baste.