- 6 tablespoon butter (no substitutions)
- 1 and ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 and ½ cup self-rising flour
- ⅔ cup milk
- 1 and ½ cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 and ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter to a 9x13 inch cake pan or casserole dish and melt in oven.
- Once butter is melted, sprinkle the pecans over butter.
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, milk and vanilla. Stir to combine, but don't over-mix.
- Pour batter over butter and pecans, do not mix.
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over batter, do not stir.
- Carefully pour the hot water over the mixture; do not stir.
- Bake thirty to thirty-five minutes or until golden brown.