- 8 cups tomatoes, peeled, chopped and drained
- 1 cup jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups green peppers
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 cup canning salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- Mix all together and bring to a slow boil for ten minuteS.
- Seal in jars and cook in hot water bath for ten minuteS.
- This is a medium salsa. This is also a chunky salsa so if you want a smoother salsa cut your veggies into smaller pieces.
- Yields 3-6 quarts or pints.