Brown Sugar Candy06:37
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 can (5-oz) evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped black walnuts*
- Butter a 9-inch square pan or dish; set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan bring the butter, brown sugar, and milk to a boil. Cook over medium-low heat for five mins, stirring often.
- Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract, powdered sugar, and walnuts. Beat the mixture just until it begins to thicken.
- Pour candy into the prepared pan or dish. Let stand until cool; this candy sets-up quickly.
- Cut into 36 squares and place on plate, in a candy dish or may be kept in an airtight container.
- *If you do not have black walnuts or just don't like them, substitute English walnuts./4 cup butter