- 1 pound yellow squash, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium-size red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 (14-oz.) can chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 5 cups cooked, crumbled cornbread
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook squash in boiling water to cover in a large skillet eight to ten minutes or just until tender. Drain well on paper towels.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat; add onion, bell pepper, and celery, and sauté eight to ten minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove skillet from heat. Stir in soup and next 4 ingredients. Gently stir in cornbread and squash. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13- x-9-inch baking dish.
- Bake at 350° for forty to forty-five minutes or until golden.