Cajun Shrimp & Sausage Pasta03:23
- 1/2 - 3/4 lb cooked fettuccine
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS plus 2 tsp Essence seasoning (recipe below - I think you can buy this, too.)
- 1 lb peeled, deveined raw large shrimp
- 1 1/2 smoked turkey sausages, sliced and quartered (I use Butterball)
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
Essence Creole Seasoning
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Heat 1 TBS of olive oil over medium high heat in a large saute pan. Season the shrimp with 2 teaspoons of the Essence. Place the shrimp in the pan and saute until almost done. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Place the remaining TBS of olive oil in the saute pan and onions and bell peppers. Saute, stirring occasionally, until the onions are translucent, about three minutes. Add the sausage and cook another minute.
- Add the garlic to the pan and saute for thirty seconds.
- Add the chicken stock to the pan and scrape with a spoon to remove any browned bits that have formed in the bottom of the pan, about thirty seconds.
- Add the thyme, 1 TBS of Essence and 1/2 tsp salt and cook for two minutes.
- Add the heavy cream to the pan and cook an additional two minutes.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and pasta to the pan. Continue to cook the sauce and pasta, stirring occasionally, for about three TO five minutes. Remove from the heat and add the basil and Parmesan.