Perfect Prime Rib Recipe03:08
- 1 (5 lb) choice cut prime rib roast
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder or 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup kosher salt
- additional seasoning, as preferred
- pepper, generous amount
- Let roast come to room temperature, rub roast with seasonings.
- Place roast, bone side down, in shallow roasting pan, but do not cover.
- Add a small amount of water to pan.
- Insert meat thermometer, not touching any bone.
- Sear roast at 500°F for quarter-hour.
- DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR!
- Turn temperature down to 350°F.
- Cook approximately twenty minutes per pound.
- Medium 150-160°F.
- Well 170-180°F.
- Allow roast to sit for quarter-hour after removing from the oven, then slice.