Mexican Stuffed Shells05:09
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (can use low-sodium)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup taco sauce (NOT enchilada sauce)
- 1 (4 ounce) package cream cheese
- 14 -16 large pasta shells
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups tortilla chips, crushed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.In a frying pan cook ground beef; add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions.
- Add cream cheese, cover and simmer until cheese is melted. Blend well. Set aside and cool completely.
- While the ground beef is cooking, cook the pasta shells according to directions; drain. Set shells out individually on baking sheet so that they don’t stick together.
- Pour salsa on bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish. Stuff each shell with the meat mixture placing shells in dish open side up. Cover shells with taco sauce. Cover with foil and bake for half-hour.
- After half-hour, add shredded cheese and bake for 10-15 additional minutes, with the foil removed.
- Top with green onions and serve with sour cream and/or more salsa.