Mama's Cornbread Dressing!01:37
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 cups finely crumbled toasted bread
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 cups finely crumbled cornbread
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- turkey broth
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- Melt butter in a skillet; add the onions and celery and saute until tender.
- Combine toasted bread and cornbread in a large bowl and mix.
- Add onions and celery plus their cooking liquid, the salt, pepper, sage, and poultry seasoning and mix thoroughly.
- Using a bulb baster, add just enough turkey giblet broth to make a very moist mixture, then stir in the eggs and scrape the dressing into a large greased baking pan or dish.
- Bake in 400 degree F oven until dressing is nicely browned, about thirty TO forty minutes.