- 8 to 10 ears of fresh corn
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of bacon grease
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- Firstly, With your corn shucked and cleaned, place it standing up in a large bowl or pan in your sink.
- Run a sharp knife down the cob cutting the kernels about halfway off leaving the other half attached.
- Simply turn your knife perpendicular to the cob and scrape down the sides.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add bacon grease and two tablespoons of butter Once melted, add corn, sugar and water. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir frequently cooking for fifteen to twenty mins.
- Instantly before removing from heat, add remaining butter and stir till melted.