Amish Sugar Cream Pie04:41
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup real butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In sauce pan combine, white sugar, salt, half-and-half and whipping cream.
- Bring to a boil.
- In another sauce pan, combine brown sugar & cornstarch.
- Gradually whisk in hot mixture into brown sugar mixture.
- Add margarine/or butter (to me this makes it even better.).
- Cook over med. heat, whisk constantly, five minuteS or until thick.
- Simmer 1 minute and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into uncooked pie shell and sprinkle w/cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Bake at 375°F for twenty-five mins.
I recommend 100 Year Old Pie Crust for this pie.
100 Year Old Pie Crust:
Total Time: fifteen minutes
Prep Time: five minutes
Cook Time: ten minutes
Yield: 1-2 single double crust
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 dash salt
- Mix first 3 ingredients plus salt until crumbly.
- Add milk until mixed into dough.