Texas Roadhouse’s Rolls07:41
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose four, plus more for the board
- 1 package or 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Honey Cinnamon Butter
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/3 cup butter, melted plus 1/4 cup butter, melted (optional)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- In a cup or small bowl, stir together the warm milk, sugar, and yeast. Allow the yeast to proof and begin to activate while you prepare the other ingredients. (This is not necessary, but I prefer this to using milk cold out of the refrigerator).
- Using a stand mixer or food processor, combine the flour, egg, 1/3 cup melted butter, and salt. Add the milk mixture and process until you have a smooth dough; it will be stickier and wetter than regular bread dough.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, turn the dough to grease all sides, and cover with a towel. Let rise until it has doubled in size. When the dough has doubled, punch it down and turn it out on a floured board. Let rest for ten minutes.
- Roll out the dough into a large, flat rectangle approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut into 16 portions with a sharp knife and place on a greased baking sheet and let rise again, until doubled. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Bake the rolls for ten minutes on the greased baking sheet. They will be light brown when removed from the oven. If desired you can brush the tops of the rolls with the remaining 1/4 cup melted butter before serving .
- Prepare honey cinnamon butter by combining butter, cinnamon, honey, and powdered sugar until well blended.