Stuffed Chicken Marsala04:54
- 1/2 cup smoked shredded cheese (provolone or gouda)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 8-oz package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp sun-dried tomato, chopped (drain first if in oil)
- 1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream (6 oz)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 small onion, cut in half and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 2 small containers button mushrooms, thinly sliced (6 cups)
- 24 fl oz Marsala wine
- 8 fl oz Heavy Cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4fl oz Olive Oil
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2lbs skinless, boneless, chicken breasts
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all cheese stuffing ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Butterfly thickest section of chicken breasts to create 2 lobes. Pound each breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until ¼” – ½” thick.
- Place flattened chicken breasts on a plate and place desired amount of stuffing on one lobe of each chicken breast. Gently press stuffing down so it resembles a hockey puck.
- Fold over other lobe of chicken breast; does not have to seal.
- Heat large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil and heat until shimmering.
- Place flour in a shallow pan and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Dredge stuffed chicken breasts in flour, shaking off excess.
- Saute chicken breasts with preheated oil, cooking until each side is golden brown.
- Remove chicken from pan and place in a baking dish.
- Bake for ten TO twenty minutes, or until juices run clean and center of chicken reaches 165°F.
- Add onions to sauté pan, and stir to loosen chicken drippings. After two mins, add mushrooms and sauté until onions are translucent.
- Deglaze pan with Marsala wine – make sure to incorporate drippings from bottom of pan.
- Heat wine to a simmer and add heavy cream. Simmer on low heat until reduced by half.
- Place cooked chicken breasts on a plate and top each with onions, mushrooms and sauce.