Slow-Cooker Pepper Steak16:15
- 2 pounds beef sirloin, cut into 2 inch strips
- 1 cube beef bouillon
- 1/4 cup hot water
- garlic powder to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 large green bell peppers, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- Sprinkle strips of sirloin with garlic powder to taste. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the vegetable oil and brown the seasoned beef strips. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- Mix bouillon cube with hot water until dissolved, then mix in cornstarch until dissolved. Pour into the slow cooker with meat.
- Stir in onion, green peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar, and salt.
- Cover, and cook on High for three to four hours, or on Low for six to eight hours