Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla Soup03:15
- 3 whole Chicken Breasts
- Salt And Pepper, to taste
- 1 whole Medium Onion, Chopped
- 2 teaspoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Seeded And Chopped
- 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Or Diced Tomatoes, With Juice
- 1 whole Seeded Yellow Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 4 ounces, weight Tomato Paste
- 1 can Rotel
- 3 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth (more If You Like The Soup More Liquidy)
- 1 can Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 whole Chipotle Pepper In Adobo (may Add 2 To 3 If You'd Like)
- 1 Lime, Juiced
- Fixins: Sour Cream, Avocado, Cilantro Leaves, Grated Cheese
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker. Sprinkle on the chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, chicken broth, tomato paste, chipotle, and black beans. Stir, place the lid on the slow cooker, and cook on high for 5 hours or high (or 8 hours on low.) Stir in the lime juice.
- Using 2 forks, break up the chicken into chunks (or you may shred it more fine.) Taste and add more salt if the soup needs it.
- Serve it piping hot in a bowl with avocado, sour cream, grated cheese, and cilantro leaves on top!