30 minute chocolate fudge cake05:09
for the cake
- – 2 cups all-purpose flour
- – 1 cup water
- – 5 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- – 2 eggs
- - 2 cups sugar
- - 2 sticks butter
- – 1/2 cup buttermilk
- – 1 teaspoon vanilla
- - 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix flour and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, water, and cocoa over medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil and pour over the flour/sugar mixture.
- Mix well. Add eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla. Pour into a well-greased 9×13 pan, and bake at 350 for half-hour.
for the fudge icing
- – 1 stick butter
- - 4 Tablespoons milk
- – 1 (16-ounce) box powdered sugar
- - 4 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- - 1 teaspoon vanilla
- - 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, milk, and cocoa and bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add powdered sugar, stirring well with a whisk or wooden spoon until the sugar melts and the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans, then pour over hot cake.